Welcome to Create Shift podcast season 6 ep1, a deep dive into how to boost your immune system from a holistic perspective with guest Emma Newlyn. As I write this it’s Wednesday on week two of lockdown in the UK. We find ourselves navigating entirely uncharted waters. Our lives, work and entire worlds are changing. It’s challenging and scary to say the least. And yet there is – I think – some hope to be found in all of this. The systems we’ve known for so long are crumbling, and with that comes the chance for different and perhaps better systems to be built in their place. I hope that holistic living and the things we talk about on this podcast may play more of a role in this new world.
Perhaps this season of the podcast can support you to gently ask questions of what kind of life you’d like to return to, and encourage you to find the ways you can best support yourself and those around you right now. In today’s episode returning guest Emma Newlyn and I talk about the immune system and offer practical suggestions for ways we can all support our immunity.
Thank you so much for being here.
Pin for later
Topics covered in this episode
- How the immune system is impacted by stress.
- The relationship between the immune system and the gut, and the best ways to keep our digestion healthy.
- The law of attraction and the power of the mind.
- How having a sense of purpose can support our immune system.
- The power of breathing.
- Ways you can support yourself to come into parasympathetic nervous system response.
- Emma guides us through some practical exercises that you can do wherever you are to boost your immune system.
Links and Resources
- Dr Rangan Chatterjee’s podcast episode How Being Kind Helps Your Immune System, Reduces Stress and Changes Lives with Dr David Hamilton
- Abraham Hicks
- The episode of The Lifestylist podcast where Matt Maruca talks a lot about the science of mytochondria (listen only if prepared to nerd out)
- Emma’s recipe for wild garlic and preserved lemon pesto
- Emma’s video on the 4-7-8 breath
- Wim Hoff
- Create Shift s5,ep7 Creating an Identity Outside of Your Work
- Create Shift s5,ep6 Holistic Health for Spring with Emma Newlyn (this is the one where we talk about light)
Listen to Create Shift S6,ep1
You can listen to Emma and I discuss how to boost your immunity the holistic way below, or simply by searching ‘Create Shift’ in your favourite podcast app. Make sure to subscribe whilst you’re there so you never miss a new episode.
Thank you for listening to Create Shift. I hope this podcast supports, encourages and inspires you to live your most purposeful and holistic life.
Want to support Create Shift?
Excellent, I’m so grateful to have your support of this podcast! Here are some ways you may choose to support the creation of this free podcast.
- Share Create Shift episodes with your friends and on your social media and encourage them to subscribe if they’d enjoy the show.
- Subscribe to Create Shift yourself if you haven’t already!
- Become a Being Change Patreon community member to get early access to all Create Shift episodes, weekly exclusive holistic living content, live Q&As on holistic living and early access to in person events. https://bit.ly/2R72YUV
FANCY DOING SOME YOGA AND MEDITATION? SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE https://bit.ly/2WJoRNv